What makes a good cryptocurrency wallet? The reality is that the best cryptocurrency wallet is the one that fits your needs. In addition to security, you must consider the purpose of your purse, the assets you wish to store within it, the device you will use, and the features you desire.
For instance, if you want to hold Bitcoin long-term, you may be searching for the best crypto hardware wallets and cold wallets, whereas if you want to interact with the DeFi market, you would be searching for the best crypto DeFi wallets and the most secure hot wallets. And you’ll still need to consider the device you’re using and whether you want the best ios, android, or PC crypto wallet.
In 2022, the concept of crypto wallet development will be emerging! Most crypto investors end up using multiple wallets based on assets and devices. A secure crypto hardware wallet is a minimum practice for holding coins and tokens you are not actively trading. Most investors will then utilize one or more hot wallets to trade or interact with DeFi protocols.
There are many factors to consider, so we’ve compiled a list of the best crypto wallets for 2022 to help you make your choice. We’re discussing:
- Our pick for the top cryptocurrency wallet.
- The top cryptocurrency hardware wallets
- The top Bitcoin cryptocurrency wallet
- The leading cryptocurrency Defi wallets
- The best crypto wallet for iOS
- The whole Android cryptocurrency wallet
- The top cryptocurrency wallet
- The best crypto wallet for PC
Best All-Round Crypto Wallet: Coinbase Wallet
Coinbase provides not only one of the world’s largest exchanges but also an excellent self-custodial web wallet. You completely control your private keys and crypto (and NFTs!). One of the reasons why the Coinbase wallet is regarded as one of the best cryptocurrency wallets is that it combines the advantages of a self-custody cryptocurrency wallet with the industry-leading security that only a market-leading cryptocurrency business like Coinbase can provide, such as 2FA, PIN, and AES-256 encrypted data.
The Coinbase Wallet integrates seamlessly with the Coinbase exchange (and Coinbase Pro), allowing you to trade on the conversation with quick access to your cryptocurrency. In addition, as a self-custody wallet, Coinbase wallet will enable you to interact with a vast array of decentralized applications, including Uniswap, Compound, PancakeSwap, Aave, and others.
Why is it our preferred cryptocurrency wallet? Coinbase Wallet is an excellent option for all investors, particularly those who are new to cryptocurrency and may find DeFi intimidating. In addition, it provides the peace of mind that comes with industry-leading security.
The Coinbase Wallet in a Nutshell:
- Custody type: The Coinbase Wallet is not a cold wallet.
- Storage type: The Coinbase Wallet is popular.
- Supported coins: Coinbase Wallet supports thousands of tokens, such as ERC-20 tokens and tokens hosted on EVM-compatible chains, such as Abritrum, Avalanche C-Chain, BNB Chain, Gnosis Chain, Fantom Opera, Optimism, Polygon, xDai, and Solana. Coinbase Wallet’s in-app DEX integration currently supports cryptocurrencies on the Ethereum blockchain (including all ERC-20 tokens), BNB Chain (including all BEP-20 permits), Polygon network, and Avalanche C-Chain. Additionally, the Coinbase Wallet app supports BTC, DOGE, BCH, LTC, XRP, and XLM.
- Cost: The use of Coinbase Wallet is free, excluding network fees.
- Coinbase Wallet supports Ledger Hardware Wallets, making it compatible with hardware wallets.
- Supported devices: You can download Coinbase Wallet as a PC browser extension for Chrome and Firefox or as an iOS and Android mobile app.
Best Crypto Hardware Wallet: Trezor & Ledger
Most investors choose to store non-actively traded assets offline in a secure hardware wallet, also known as a cold wallet, as keeping private keys offline is the most effective way to keep your cryptocurrency safe from hackers. However, numerous hardware wallets are available, so how do you determine the best crypto hardware wallet?
There are many secure hardware wallets available for your cryptocurrency, but the best one for you will depend on your budget. For this reason, we chose two wallets: the Trezor Model T and the Ledger Nano X. Both are excellent options for investors of all budgets.
The Trezor Model T is widely regarded as one of the most secure and best cryptocurrency hardware wallets. Trezor, initially manufactured by SatoshiLabs in 2014 as the Trezor One, was the first crypto hardware wallet to hit the market.
Trezor Model T safeguards your keys (and crypto) by securely storing them on the device, away from online threats. The hardware wallet has a touchscreen that investors can use to approve all transactions and operations, so you have complete control over your cryptocurrency at all times. Additionally, the device is compatible with various third-party hot wallets, such as Exodus, MetaMask, and Electrum.
Trezor Model T at a glance:
- Custody type: The Trezor Model T is an unlocked wallet.
- Storage type: The Trezor Model T wallet is a cold wallet.
- Supported coins: Trezor Model T is compatible with over 1,200 cryptocurrencies, including BTC, ETH, ADA, and USDT.
- Cost: The Trezor Model T costs $260, tax and shipping not included.
- Trezor Model T is compatible with various software wallets, such as MetaMask, Exodus, and Electrum.
- Trezor Model T is consistent with the most popular PC operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
The Ledger Nano X is a more affordable option for the best crypto hardware wallet. Ledger is a long-standing and reputable hardware wallet manufacturer, founded in 2014. Since then, over 3 million investors in over 200 countries have purchased Ledger wallets, including the popular Ledger Nano X.
All Ledger devices support the Ledger Live application. This application enables investors to buy, sell, and lend cryptocurrencies, as well as gain access to various intelligent services, such as dapps and NFTs.
The compact and lightweight Ledger Nano X connects to PCs and mobile devices via USB and Bluetooth. In addition, it has a display screen for viewing transaction details while using the device.
Ledger Nano X at a glance:
- The Ledger Nano X wallet is non-custodial.
- Ledger Nano X is a cold storage wallet.
- The Ledger Nano X supports over a thousand cryptocurrencies, including popular ones like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- The Ledger Nano X costs $149, taxes and shipping not included.
- The Ledger Nano X is compatible with various software wallets, such as MetaMask, Guarda Wallet, and MyEtherWallet.
- The Ledger Nano X is compatible with the most popular PC operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Avoid purchasing a hardware cryptocurrency wallet from a secondhand seller or any other vendor besides the manufacturer. Hardware wallets from other vendors or hardware wallets acquired secondhand may be compromised.
Best Bitcoin wallet: Electrum
Electrum is one of the best Bitcoin wallets because it provides a safe and secure way to store Bitcoin. Electrum is a Bitcoin-only open-source wallet that supports the Bitcoin Lightning Network. Consequently, your transactions are nearly instantaneous.
If you select this wallet, you can use a combination of Electrum and a hardware wallet as a result of the wallet’s hardware compatibility and relatively straightforward interface.
Due to its open-source nature, more than 14,000 developers have reviewed and contributed to the Electrum wallet’s security. In addition, there are two-factor authentication and an encryption password.
- Electrum is a wallet of the non-custodial type.
- Electrum is a hot wallet, despite possessing multiple security features.
- The only supported cryptocurrency by Electrum is Bitcoin.
- Electrum wallet is free to download, but all transactions must pay network fees.
- Electrum is compatible with hardware wallets such as the Ledger and the Trezor.
- Electrum is compatible with desktop and mobile Android and iOS devices.
Since 2019, Electrum has been the target of multiple phishing scams. The most prevalent fraud is to send Electrum users a fake message telling them to update their wallet, with a link to the update containing malware that steals the user’s Bitcoin the next time they log in to their Electrum wallet. This scam has lost more than $22 million (1,980 BTC). Always exercise extreme caution when opening emails purportedly from Electrum. Electrum will never send an update link via email. Electrum should only be downloaded or updated from electrum.org.
Best Crypto Wallet App: Atomic
Atomic Wallet is a decentralized, non-custodial wallet that supports multiple blockchains and cryptocurrencies. With more than 4 million users worldwide, it is also one of the best crypto wallets, thanks in large part to a mobile app that is highly user-friendly and offers a variety of investment options.
Atomic Wallet connects to Atomic Swap, the cryptocurrency exchange named after Atomic Wallet. You can purchase and sell cryptocurrency from your wallet using a credit or debit card and receive up to 1% cashback. Atomic Wallet also allows you to stake your cryptocurrency holdings, such as Cosmos, Solana, Algorand, and Cardano, allowing you to earn passive income while maintaining full control of your cryptocurrency. All of these features and more make it one of the best crypto wallets, with an app that is simple to use.
- The Atomic Wallet is a decentralized, non-custodial wallet.
- Atomic Wallet is an example of a hot wallet.
- Atomic Wallet supports more than 500 different cryptocurrencies.
- Atomic Wallet is free, but network fees apply to transactions.
- Atomic Wallet is not yet compatible with hardware wallets, but the development team has stated that compatibility with hardware wallets is in the works.
- Atomic Wallet is compatible with desktop computers and Android mobile devices.
Best iOS crypto wallet: Edge
Edge provides iOS (and Android!) users a simple and secure way to manage all their crypto assets. Edge wallet has attracted more than 3.3 million downloads in 179 countries due to its support for multiple investments and in-app buying and selling capabilities.
Edge secures your crypto assets in a single app – all you need is a username and password (or PIN or Biometric login), and user data is encrypted and automatically backed up, so if you ever lose your device, your assets are still where they were. Edge offers password recovery and 2-factor authentication for added security.
Edge is accessible on iOS and Android, and the mobile app is incredibly user-friendly for novice investors.
- Edge is a wallet with non-custodial custody.
- The Edge wallet is a hot wallet.
- Edge supports Bitcoin, Ethereum (and all ERC-20 tokens), Litecoin, EOS, Stellar, Ripple, Dash, and Monero as cryptocurrencies.
- Edge is free to download, but you will incur transaction and network fees.
- Edge is not compatible with hardware wallets at the moment.
- Edge is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Best Android crypto wallet: Coinomi
Coinomi is a secure crypto wallet and one of the best crypto wallets available for Android users. More than 1,770 cryptocurrencies are supported by Coinomi, accumulating an impressive list of supported assets. On Coinomi, you’ll find the usual suspects, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more, as well as the majority of popular stablecoins and a vast selection of DeFi tokens for over 125 blockchains.
Coinomi was founded in 2014 and had a solid track record, as the platform has never been hacked. Strong wallet encryption and cryptography guarantee that your private keys will never leave your device. Cold staking, no transaction fees, and native segwit support make Coinomi an excellent option for investors.
- Coinomi is a non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet.
- The Coinomi wallet is a hot wallet.
- Coinomi supports more than 1,770 different cryptocurrencies.
- Coinomi is free to use, but you will incur network fees.
- The Coinomi wallet is not compatible with hardware wallets.
- Coinomi is accessible on desktop and mobile platforms, including Android and iOS.
Best PC crypto wallet: Exodus
Exodus is a desktop wallet with various appealing features for investors that is non-custodial. In addition to supporting over 225 crypto assets, Exodus offers live charts and portfolio tracking, an integrated exchange, staking, and a compound finance app.
Exodus is regarded as one of the best desktop wallets for cryptocurrencies, but it is also available as a mobile app and a browser extension. Exodus’ integration with Trezor hardware is one of the reasons the desktop version is so popular among investors. With this partnership, you can securely manage your Exodus assets from your Trezor hardware wallet, providing you with the highest level of protection for your cryptocurrency.
Exodus at a glance:
- Exodus is a non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet.
- Exodus is a hot cryptocurrency wallet.
- Exodus supports more than 225 different cryptocurrencies.
- Downloading Exodus is free, but standard network fees will apply.
- Compatible with hardware wallets: Exodus and Trezor have partnered, and all Trezor wallets are compatible with Exodus, providing you with unparalleled security.
- Exodus is available for desktop computers, as well as Android and iOS, if you prefer a mobile app.
Best Crypto DeFi Wallet
The optimal crypto DeFi wallet depends on the DeFi ecosystems with which you wish to interact. From the Ethereum ecosystem to the Cosmos ecosystem, there are countless DeFi investment opportunities available. Depending on your investments, you may require a multi-chain wallet such as MetaMask or Trust Wallet or a blockchain-specific wallet such as Phantom or Yoroi.
With this in mind, we have compiled a comprehensive list of the best crypto DeFi wallets, regardless of the blockchain you use!
Best Ethereum Wallet: MetaMask
MetaMask is one of the largest and most popular cryptocurrency DeFi wallets, with over 21 million users! MetaMask is an excellent choice for a non-custodial hot wallet for Ethereum investors, but it also supports many other blockchains, including BSC, Polygon, Avalanche, and more; however, you will need to configure your wallet.
MetaMask enables you to interact with a universe of DeFi opportunities; simply navigate to your preferred dapp and connect using the MetaMask browser extension or mobile app, and you’ll be able to buy, sell, stake, farm, and more in a matter of minutes.
MetaMask at a glance:
- MetaMask is a non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet.
- The MetaMask wallet is a hot wallet.
- MetaMask is primarily designed for the Ethereum blockchain, but it also supports some other prominent blockchains, such as BSC, Polygon, and others.
- MetaMask is free to use, but gas fees will apply to transactions.
- MetaMask can be downloaded as a browser extension or on mobile devices running Android and iOS.
Best BNB Smart Chain Wallet: Trust Wallet
Like MetaMask, Trust Wallet is a multi-chain wallet that supports some blockchains, including Ethereum. It is regarded as one of the best available BNB smart chain wallets.
Trust Wallet is owned by Binance, one of the most reputable cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, so you know your cryptocurrency is safe with Trust Wallet, and more than 25 million investors agree!
You can buy, sell, stake, farm, and more with an abundance of DeFi investment opportunities at your fingertips with Trust Wallet.
Notably, although Binance owns Trust Wallet, it is still a non-custodial wallet, so you retain complete control over your private keys and cryptocurrency.
Trust Wallet at a glance:
- Trust Wallet is a wallet of the non-custodial variety.
- Trust Wallet is an example of a hot wallet.
- Trust Wallet supports over 4.5 million assets in total and 65 blockchains, including BNB, ETH, BTC, SOL, and MASTIC.
- Downloading Trust Wallet is free but will incur standard gas fees for transactions.
- Trust Wallet can be downloaded on mobile devices running either Android or iOS.
Best Solana Wallet: Phantom
Phantom is one of the most popular and best Solana wallets, providing you with all the necessary tools to explore the Solana ecosystem.
Phantom is a non-custodial wallet, so your data and cryptocurrency are always in your possession. Phantom’s support for Ledger hardware and biometric authentication contribute to the safety and security of your keys.
After configuring your Phantom wallet, you can begin exploring the Solana DeFi ecosystem, where you can buy, sell, stake, and farm, among other activities.
Invisible wallet at a glance:
- The Phantom wallet is non-custodial.
- Phantom is a hot wallet, despite supporting Ledger hardware wallets.
- Supported blockchains: Phantom is a wallet for Solana.
- Phantom is free, but standard network fees will apply to transfers and transactions.
- Phantom is available on desktops as a browser extension and on mobile devices running Android and iOS.
Best Cardano Wallet: Yoroi
Yoroi is a lightweight, non-custodial wallet for Cardano (and Ergo) that allows investors to send, receive, stake, and interact with the Cardano DeFi ecosystem using ADA. Yoroi’s ability to enable non-custodial staking without requiring the download of a full node wallet, similar to Daedalus, is one of the many reasons for its popularity.
Yoroi maintains the security of your ADA by encrypting your private keys and never sharing your information with servers or third-party providers. This year, Yoroi is adding features such as fiat on/off ramp support, a dapp store, and an NFT gallery, among others, making it an even stronger contender for the title of best Cardano wallet.
You at a glance:
- The Yoroi wallet is non-custodial.
- The Yoroi wallet is a hot wallet.
- You support the Cardano blockchain and the Ergo blockchain, which are smaller.
- Yoroi is free to use, but standard network fees will apply.
- Yoroi is available as a browser extension for desktop computers and mobile devices running Android and iOS.
Best Ripple Wallet: Xumm
Mumm is an excellent choice as one of the best XRP wallets, as it allows investors to interact with the XRP ledger and a vast array of third-party XRP ecosystem tools.
Mumm takes security seriously so that you can protect your crypto with a passphrase or biometric information. All Xumm third-party apps are vetted, and Xumm Tangem cards allow you to hold your keys in a Ledger hardware device and spend with ease.
Mumm wallet in a nutshell:
- Mumm is a wallet with non-custodial custody.
- The Mumm wallet is a hot wallet.
- Blockchains supported: Xumm supports the XRP ledger.
- Downloading Xumm is free, but network fees will apply to all transactions.
- Mumm is available on mobile devices for both iOS and Android.
Best NFT wallet
Finally, if you’re looking for a dedicated NFT wallet, Enjin is one of the best.
Enjin allows you to buy, sell, swap, and manage NFTs on a single platform. Enjin wallet is directly connected to the Enjin Marketplace, one of the leading marketplaces for NFT collectors, where you can discover, trade, and collect digital art, gaming collectibles, and more.
Enjin wallet is appealing to both newcomers and veterans of the NFT market. Enjoy regularly allows investors to claim free NFTs via QR codes for newly collected NFTs. While more experienced investors will appreciate features such as custom fees and limits, simple import from all other major blockchain wallets, and token auto-add, novice investors will enjoy the wallet’s customizable fees and limits, easy import from all other major blockchain wallets, and tokens.
Enjin safeguards your investments with biometric identification; you’ll use your fingerprint to unlock your wallet and authorize transactions.
- The Enjin wallet is not a custody-type wallet.
- Enjin wallet is a hot wallet, but biometric identification is required to approve transactions.
- Enjin wallet supports the following blockchains: BTC, ETH (and ERC-20 tokens, ERC-721, and ERC-1155 blockchain assets), LTC, BNB, DOGE, DOT, and KSM.
- Downloading the Enjin wallet is free, but standard network fees apply to all transactions.
- Enjin wallet is compatible with hardware wallets; it can be used to manage hardware wallets.
- Enjin wallet is compatible with mobile devices running on Android and iOS.
An author of KnowFromBlog, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org